Monday, January 16, 2012

The Golden Globes (zzzzzzzzzzzzz)

The only picture that matters.

Whew.  That was a fun night right? Oy.  Poor Ricky Gervais was so held back that he was making hard-hitting Kardashian marriage jokes.  And all the celebs who came out swinging against him just looked sad.  The really only good jab of the night was when Clooney walked out with Brad Pitt's cane.


E! did this weird thing where they had people send video messages from their phone while they were getting ready.  A little toooooo personal for my liking.  I don't need to see you in your shower.

But.  Hands down, this was the best part of the night:



I died.  And I so wish Tina Fey had won, if only to hear a speech from her.

Kelsey Grammer won for Boss and THREW it in Camille's face by thanking his new wife and saying "what a year we've had."  America collectively called him a bitch and thought of poor Camille.



Modern Family won for Best Comedy, something that was so deserved and caused me to yell "PLEASE NOT GLEE."  I could not handle seeing Lea Michelle prance up on the stage.  Besides, this photo alone is reason enough to have won the award:


May I reiterate again that I love Phil? AND they gave up the second photo bomb of the night.


But I think the big news of the night was the booming spray tans for men industry, but that itself is getting it's separate post (it was that vast).


The Artist won most of the awards, and I'm hoping that this means that FINALLY someone will go with me to see it (I'm prob going to have to settle on seeing it alone).

However.  The greatest moment of the night happened during the Morgan Freeman tribute, when we were treated with this:



It is now on constant replay and I refuse to take a bath in anything other than a casket.

For a full list of winners, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment